Pumpkin, like carrots, is widely used in confectionery for its sweet taste and for the juicy texture it provides to cakes. It also has the advantage of replacing part of the sugar and flour, making desserts healthier.
So don't miss the opportunity to cook this pumpkin-shaped sponge cake with your children. Guiainfantil.com offers us the recipe for a typical Halloween cake, so that we can prepare it with the children and then taste it with them.
- 150 gr of cooked pumpkin
- 150 gr of sugar
- 150 gr of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 75 gr. sunflower oil
- A pumpkin shaped mold
1. Preheat the oven to 170º. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and beat until frothy.
2. Add the cooked and chopped pumpkin, and the sunflower oil. Keep beating until smooth.
3. Sift the flour, add a pinch of salt, yeast and cinnamon. Add to the previous mixture.
4. Mix with the help of a spoon so that the flour is integrated and a moist dough forms.
5. Pour into the mold and bake at 170º for approximately 1 hour, until the dough rises. Unmold and decorate to taste.
Recipe prepared with the collaboration of Clara Z. C., 12 years old, Spain.
You can read more articles similar to Juicy pumpkin pie for Halloween, in the category of Halloween on site.